Creating a Next Level Partnership with Your Manager

Ben and Jerry; Batman and Robin; Bill Gates and Paul Allen; Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid; Barack and Michelle; LaVerne and Shirley; Prince William and Kate Middleton…all successful partnerships. The bottom line: in the best partnerships, both people are better together. There are 10 common characteristics of strong partnerships. How does your relationship with your boss measure up?

Edited by Devin Temple
Edited for length
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this article. I was the first administrative professional that my executive ever had and it was my first time in the role. We did know each other, as I was friends with his wife. While this may have been a disadvantage in some areas, it really allowed us to create our own relationship without any preconceived thoughts. It was good to see that our relationship embodies all 10 characteristics.

I also shared it with the other administrative professionals in our organization and received a lot of feedback.  Since I work closely with them, I was able to guess which characteristics some felt their team excelled at and which needed more work, which is actually helpful to know when working with them on certain topics. 

• 3 weeks later...