Msawyer

Going back to the office

Hello everyone!

Has anyone's office opened back up? 

I am wondering how other companies are handling open office plans, shared kitchens and catered lunches during the pandemic. 

Any suggestions on how to navigate this would be appreciated. 

Thank you !

Hi! Not back yet, but I have been thinking how the shared space, kitchen, and lunches will be. How has it been going since your posting? 

I'm curious as well. We are not back in the office but working on our company's plan now. Was wondering how the logistics will work for meetings, etc. and if EAs/Admins will be expected to be the "cleaning/disinfecting" crew for conference rooms.

Hi Monica.  Yes, we are still not back.  When we go it is probably going to be limited staff.  

LCraden, 

Nothing has happened yet, but we are reducing the offerings we have.  Nothing communal. 

I'm drafting a modified job description for EAs/Admins for my company. I think a lot of in-person meetings and heavy coordination will be eliminated. And constantly chasing down execs for meetings since we will be all using Teams/Zoom. I'm wondering if we should model our list to more of a Virtual Assistant model. Any thoughts on what tasks we would be eliminating as we re-imagine the new "normal" post COVID environment?

On 7/8/2020 at 5:13 PM, Monina C said:

I'm curious as well. We are not back in the office but working on our company's plan now. Was wondering how the logistics will work for meetings, etc. and if EAs/Admins will be expected to be the "cleaning/disinfecting" crew for conference rooms.

Execs are back, and I'm already running  into issues in trying to find space for meeting that need to happen face to face. The normal meeting spaces are to small to socially distance, a meeting of 5 people now need a space for 20. And we don't have enough of those.

And I think I'm going to be the one wiping down tables afterwards.

Yup that was my fear! I believe our Execs will prefer to take meetings online, even when they're back in the office. We would have to truly monitor all conference rooms to disinfect after each meeting.. I can picture that as a full time job in itself!

I think ideally, if you have conference rooms where people can be 6 feet apart, those would probably need to be cleaned by admin. You could make a suggestion that small conference rooms are closed. 

We are open but very limited. Support staff is still working remote. We still have virtual meetings, nothing face to face. 

On 7/8/2020 at 3:13 PM, Monina C said:

Hello, we are going back in the office on August 3rd and we have already participated in preparedness lectures. We are expected to clean/disinfect our area and all areas within our office that are highly touched such as door handles, railings etc. 

I am not back in the office yet, as PA just went back to mandatory telecommuting for non-essential employees. But we do have policies in place. Temp screenings and Covid questions at entrance. Chairs taken out of conference rooms to maintain social distancing. So a room that normally hold 12 would only have four chairs.  Otherwise must use MS Teams. Masks required. Lots of signage such as "One person allowed in coffee room at a time".  Stairway and hallway doors left open if possible. Staggered start times. Our cleaning contractor is doing the disinfecting. Even when we were to go back, our CEO wanted it to be "purpose driven". Hope that's helpful.

Hi! 

We are doing about the same.  Did you make your own social distancing signs or use a vendor?  I am researching that next week.  It makes me wonder how grocery stores got those social distancing signs so quickly. 

Hello!

Although I'm personally not back in the office our company does have staff there and basically it's completely different with respect to changes made for social distancing. All employees were mailed reusable face masks that are required once we do officially "return" to the office. Large conference rooms have been closed and others, limited to half the size. For the common/kitchen areas, since ours were pretty large, as of now there have been no real change outside of social distancing signs since the majority of the staff is still working remotely. There are capacity signs for the elevators, temperature checks at entry points and our large outdoor area now has a limited capacity as well with some of the seating removed so that social distancing is followed. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens during holiday time since we usually have events. Will they be canceled or will they try to make them virtual? I think that might be really hard to pull off.

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2020 at 1:39 AM, Msawyer said:

Hi! 

We are doing about the same.  Did you make your own social distancing signs or use a vendor?  I am researching that next week.  It makes me wonder how grocery stores got those social distancing signs so quickly. 

Hi, in Australia we obtained the various signs from the Government's Safe Work Department or Department of Health. They had sign template specifically for Cafes or Offices and others environments. You might have something similar in your country that are already available too?🙂

Edited by Bibiaishah85

On 7/16/2020 at 10:39 AM, Msawyer said:

Hi! 

HI Msawyer, Depending on what you're looking for, your local "Fastsigns" or other sign vendors could help with this, especially if you need floor signs or anything more industrial.  Or you can make your own signs and laminate/frame them, which is more cost effective. (which is what we've done in our smaller office locations) Take care!