Sign in to follow this  
Margaret Maly

What software do you use to manage your projects?

I use OneNote to keep track of my CEO's projects, calls and day to day items.  Love it!

I use Asana. It is a fantastic project management tool used by multiple people.  I wish I could get more people on board to use it effectively. 

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

I use Asana. It is a fantastic project management tool used by multiple people.  I wish I could get more people on board to use it effectively. 

Sandy,  I tried Asana and found it cumbersome. What advantages do you think it has, so I can rethink and maybe try it again?

I think One Note is a great tool and I am beginning a series of training videos on the subject through LinkedIn Learning to learn how to use the program more efficiently.

How many people use Gantt charts for their projects? If you do, where did you get the chart? Did you make it in Excel, SmartDraw, etc? I found a good website called TeamGantt that makes it very easy to use the chart.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, dplogger said:

I think One Note is a great tool and I am beginning a series of training videos on the subject through LinkedIn Learning to learn how to use the program more efficiently.

I also love OneNote. Can you share a link to the training videos you are staring? I would love to use it more efficiently.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, khennessey said:

I also love OneNote. Can you share a link to the training videos you are staring? I would love to use it more efficiently.

I would also like the link to the training videos.  Thanks!

Depending on the complexity, Microsoft Excel is sufficient. There are some free templates available through the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as well. Full time project managers will use Microsoft Project or Wrike typically--there are loads of platforms out there, these latter two are probably the most 'seasoned.'

On 6/10/2019 at 11:29 AM, dplogger said:

Hello, 

How can i find you on LinkedIn? I think this information would be very beneficial to me and the current position I am in.

I am currently finishing my degree in project management, however, while working with project managers I find they are either using Microsoft Project, Excel or simply discussing their project via Slack. But, making use of the various tools available in today's market to develop skills in project management, like LinkedIn Learning (typically requires a Premium membership however) will allow you gain viable knowledge of the basics.