Erin Floss

Annual Performance Goal-Setting

Do you develop your annual performance goals on your own?  Do you partner with your manager?  Are they cascaded to you by an upper level of your organization?  Or any combination of those?  Please provide details on your process.

Hey Erin, 

I am new at my company, however, during my first week, I was asked to set some personal/professional goals for myself. At the same time, the team I am working with was asked to set team goals. The company as a whole also has goals. We all work together to achieve the company and team goals while working individually to achieve our personal goals. They can be anything from Microsoft certifications to attending seminars, or even presenting at seminars. I find having goals is a great incentive. It is great to work for a company that pushes you to constantly better your career. If we complete our goals we also get a certain extra percentage added to our year-end bonus! 

• Like 1