khennessey

Employee Counsel

Hey everyone! I was recently asked to revamp an old committee that we had in our office. Originally it was called "Employee Counsel". All I have been told is the committee was to "do fun stuff". I'd like to create a mission statement to reflect the following goals:  Community Involvement, Sustainability, and Employee Morale. Does anyone have a committee like this in their company, how does it function? What name ideas do you have, I don't care for employee counsel. 

Thanks in advance for any help! - Kelly H.

• Like 1

HI Kelly!  I have previously chaired and project managed a committee like this.  We called it the Service Center Excellence Committee.  It was a "fun" committee, and we celebrated birthdays and service anniversaries every month.  We also organized an annual Customer Service Week celebration as well as an end-of-year celebration.  This was our Mission Statement and objective.

MISSION STATEMENT

The Service Center Excellence Committee will drive a first choice employee experience by providing value-added, meaningful opportunities to celebrate achievements in the business and support the company value of Having Fun.

Objective

Offer consistent (not necessarily standard) events in each Service Center location that align with company celebrations, benefits and our mission statement. Make activities more relevant, valuable and educational.

• Like 2

Kelly:

Our firm has a committee that is similar.

Our committee is called the Activities Committee the committee plans teambuilding trips/activities, employee appreciation events/gifts, birthday cards/food, planned office fun days such as cupcake day, cookouts, potlucks, Office Olympics. This team also plans our annual employee parties - Christmas party, Tax party. ect.

There was a reward program that coworkers submit positive feedback on one another to earn points. You can build up the points and you could get  gift cards/movie passes/date night packet/company merch, there was tons of things to choose from. 

This team also reviews the suggestion box. (All firm members can submit their opinions how to improve the company).

Edited by Amelia Hicks

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, Amelia Hicks said:

Kelly:

Our firm has a committee that is similar.

Our committee is called the Activities Committee the committee plans teambuilding trips/activities, employee appreciation events/gifts, birthday cards/food, planned office fun days such as cupcake day, cookouts, potlucks, Office Olympics. This team also plans our annual employee parties - Christmas party, Tax party. ect.

There was a reward program that coworkers submit positive feedback on one another to earn points. You can build up the points and you could get  gift cards/movie passes/date night packet/company merch, there was tons of things to choose from. 

This team also reviews the suggestion box. (All firm members can submit their opinions how to improve the company).

Hey Amelia, 

Thank you for your reply! I am interested in the reward program you mentioned. Would the coworker receiving the positive feedback get points for the prizes, or the employee giving the positive feedback? I think this would be a great incentive for us to apply here!