Joanne

Departmental Goals

Hello.

I would like to set measurable goals for the administrative department. Each individual has their own annual goals, but I would like ideas of goals to set to improve our department—but they need to be measurable. We already have a great set of systems and processes and have achieved great success with tightening our expenses...so I'm at a loss for coming up with innovative goals to propel our department to the next level. We are a staff of four who work for a General Contractor and we support HQ.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Joanne! Just a few thoughts...

Where does your department struggle the most? Where could they improve? For example, if tardiness or sick days have become more frequent, you could set a group goal to limit sick/tardy days.  Or is there something you feel the team already does, but you could push to the next level by setting an obtainable goal to improve?  Such as accomplishing a task in a shorter amount of time or getting more "first time rights" as a group. 

Hope this helps! Wishing you the best of luck in your goal setting!

Jen

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, JenC said:

Hi Joanne! Just a few thoughts...

Where does your department struggle the most? Where could they improve? For example, if tardiness or sick days have become more frequent, you could set a group goal to limit sick/tardy days.  Or is there something you feel the team already does, but you could push to the next level by setting an obtainable goal to improve?  Such as accomplishing a task in a shorter amount of time or getting more "first time rights" as a group. 

Hope this helps! Wishing you the best of luck in your goal setting!

Jen

Thanks, Jen. These last two days have highlighted a need to focus on prioritization and time management. I'm going to spend a little time over the weekend thinking about how to phase these opportunities into measurable goals.

• Like 1