mcappleman1

Who is becoming PACE certified?

Hello everyone, am a newbie, would like to know more about the certification and benefits. Thanks

• Like 1

I have been studying since February, off and on.  I tested for the first time earlier in the month to get a feel for the test and see where I stood, not quite passing.  I took it again yesterday and was so close - 3 questions away from passing!  I spent an hour skimming the material again, adding to my notes and took it my third time - yes twice in one day.  I felt really good about it, clicking through without needing my notes for a lot of it.  When I hit submit with a minute left, there was a technology hiccup or something and it spun and spun so I said a lil prayer & clicked it again, it said 85% and then guess what!! Another window popped up and said I was out of time!  Oh the disappointment! Ach!

I messaged ASAP last night and explained what happened.  Also, guess what!! ...

...This morning I got an email and as it turns out ....I PASSED!!  

Not an easy test, but if you study, take good notes you can do it!

2 tips for those working to take the certification:

• note the names behind the management approaches - who they were and what their approach was 😉 I had a lot of those questions.
  • I found that some questions are very relevant to my day to day but some not so much - pay attention to all of the material regardless if you think it applies to your day to day or not.

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2020 at 8:24 AM, JenC said:

I have been studying since February, off and on.  I tested for the first time earlier in the month to get a feel for the test and see where I stood, not quite passing.  I took it again yesterday and was so close - 3 questions away from passing!  I spent an hour skimming the material again, adding to my notes and took it my third time - yes twice in one day.  I felt really good about it, clicking through without needing my notes for a lot of it.  When I hit submit with a minute left, there was a technology hiccup or something and it spun and spun so I said a lil prayer & clicked it again, it said 85% and then guess what!! Another window popped up and said I was out of time!  Oh the disappointment! Ach!

I messaged ASAP last night and explained what happened.  Also, guess what!! ...

...This morning I got an email and as it turns out ....I PASSED!!  

Not an easy test, but if you study, take good notes you can do it!

2 tips for those working to take the certification:

• note the names behind the management approaches - who they were and what their approach was 😉 I had a lot of those questions.
  • I found that some questions are very relevant to my day to day but some not so much - pay attention to all of the material regardless if you think it applies to your day to day or not.

Good luck!

I am new here and wondered where you found study materials or what study materials you used?  Are there sample tests to see where you are at before taking the real test?  Thanks! 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, Lindsay@CORE said:

I am new here and wondered where you found study materials or what study materials you used?  Are there sample tests to see where you are at before taking the real test?  Thanks! 

Hi Lindsay@Core, After you register for PACE you'll be sent study materials - 4 modules.  I suggest printing them off - much easier to read, highlight and take notes.  You will get a practice quiz for each module after registering - they will come with the study materials - very realistic to the actual questions. You have a year to study and pass, including up to three chances.   Good luck to you!!