khennessey

Looking for a mentor

Hello! 

I am newer to the role of Office Administrator and Executive Assistant to the President. He recently told me I should start considering how I add value to the company and start thinking through what makes me irreplaceable. I am not sure if this was an encouragement, or a passive way to tell me I'm not doing a good job (I feel I am doing a good job, but I am new so I may be missing things). I am looking for ways to improve myself in my role, but also looking for ideas to go above and beyond at my company and really make myself irreplaceable here. I passed my PACE exam several months ago, but felt it didn't necessarily add value to my role. I am looking for tips and tricks as well as someone to come along side of me and open my eyes to this world of admin and assisting. Anything will be helpful! 

Thanks for your help! 

Kelly H.

• Like 1

Kelly,

I am very sorry that this message went unread for so long. I would love to chat over email, and maybe even a quick call, if you would like to discuss this further. 

Please feel free to reach out!

Jacque McCumber (JMcCumber@Nektar.com)

On 1/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, JMcCumber said:

Kelly,

I am very sorry that this message went unread for so long. I would love to chat over email, and maybe even a quick call, if you would like to discuss this further. 

Please feel free to reach out!

Jacque McCumber (JMcCumber@Nektar.com)

Jacque, 

I just emailed you. Thank you for reaching out!